Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We made it to APRIL!

Well, here we are in April and I am still pregnant - I really wanted an April baby :). But I am starting to count down the days before Baby Hatz's arrival - it is hard to believe it could be any day now! I went to the Doctor on Monday and everything is fine - my blood pressure was 120/80 so evidently the GBS test made me more nervous than I thought. The GBS test was negative and the baby's heart rate was in the 130s. Also, my cankles have subsided a bit - there is actual definition!

Other than that we are just waiting and trying to wrap our heads around the idea that we will be welcoming a baby into our family. Just last night I asked Matt, "can you believe we are going to have a baby?" His answer, "no." We are so excited but after nine months of waiting and planning it is still hard to believe that the pregnancy is almost over and parenthood is about to begin! Also, hard to believe - we have no names! Seriously, we have a couple boy names that we like but nothing set in stone and literally no girl names. We have gotten so desperate that we actually cracked open our 100,000 Baby Name book :). I am not too worried though - I just have a feeling once we see the baby we will just know.

Matt's biggest concern in the next couple of weeks - missing Easter brunch :). My parents made reservations for everyone to have Easter brunch at the Club and Matt is so excited! He is literally counting down the days - and vetoing anything that might put me into early labor. He also informed me that he wants the baby to be born on his/her due date because it would be more convenient. Since the 17th is on a Friday and he isn't scheduled to work the next day but I had to remind him that when it comes to babies nothing is convenient :). A fact we are going to have to get used to. We will keep you updated!!

No comments: