It also seems like Carter is understanding us more and more. Obviously we have been talking to him forever but now it seems like he gets it. The other day I asked him where his milk was. And after his cute "I don't know" expression he went and found it :). Also, last week he was winding down before bed and kinda acting tired and cranky so I asked him, "Carter are you ready for night, night?" When all of a sudden he started walking away. I asked Matt where he was going and Matt said to his room. So sweet! I picked him up and put him in his crib for bed.
He is learning cause and effect. My mom bought him a John Deere band (to celebrate Daddy's new job!) and you have to press a button to make the band start playing. My mom showed him how to use it and now he can push himself and he knows that it is supposed to play. I know he knows this because he usually starts dancing before the band starts and also because Matt turned it off once (it is kinda obnoxious) and Carter got really frustrated that it wouldn't play.
He is still a clown and in a good mood all the time. I know I always say/write that but I really cannot believe how happy he always is. We turned around his carseat and he loves being able to see us in the front. You can just turn around and give him a look and he will start laughing hysterically. It has also been nice for us to be able to turn around and see his cute face!
He loves to be chased and still loves bouncing his balls around the house (please get your mind out of the gutter I couldn't think of another way to phrase that!). And he can now sign "ball," which looks a lot like his sign for "more." :)
He is getting his seventh tooth - on the bottom right so drooling has become more prevalent again. He is all done with his bottles and now strictly on sippy cups. And there is just so much more! He is just changing so much and becoming such a big boy! We love you Carter Man!!
"The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe." - Lawrence Kutner
No comments:
Post a Comment