Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SMACK!!!

That is the sound that I heard this morning on my way to work...and no it wasn't because I spanked my 1.year.old. who threw.a.temper.tantrum.on my in law's driveway - ha! Like plopped himself on the ground, crying hysterically temper tantrum. It was actually really funny but I tried really hard not to laugh at my son who was so upset I made him walk inside the house instead on down the driveway - mean mommy! His first temper tantrum...doesn't one seem a little earlyfor this? :)

I was on my way to work when everyone was switching lanes because there was a car pulled over in the right lane. And you know when everyone has to stop suddenly because of all the merging?! Yah, the chick behind me didn't stop fast enough and....SMACK! Right into my car! The car that I just.paid.off. with my tax refund LAST WEEK! That was actually the first thing I said, in between tears, to the police officer. That and I was wearing my seat belt but had taken it off to grab my phone - promise!

Not the way I wanted to start my morning. The same situation also happened to my sister after she paid off her car. Although the sable had been paid off for a couple months and it was totaled in the accident. So even though it was a huge inconvenience this morning I have a lot to be thankful for:
  • Carter wasn't in the car at the time of the accident. I don't know what I would have done if that was the case...Is Laura Hatz gonna have to gonna have to choke a b***h?!
  •  No one was seriously injured. My neck and my back are sore but it is nothing a chiropractic adjustment can't fix.
  • There doesn't appear to be much damage at all, which is surprising considering how hard the chick hit me.
  • The driver had insurance, which is greatly appreciated because the last time I was rear-ended the driver didn't
  • Our accident happened right in front of a police officer - literally! So he was right on the scene to assist us and I didn't have to answer a bunch of questions about what happened.
So that was my morning in a nutshell...did anything exciting happen to you this morning?

“People are lucky and unlucky...according to the ratio between what they get and what they have been led to expect.” - Samuel Butler

No comments: