Sunday, November 7, 2010

Until It Sleeps...

Another weekend has come and gone too fast! We had a wonderful time enjoying the nice weather. Saturday we went to Katie and Ryan's house for the Iowa game - what a lucky game! We were all freaking out - I even had to change Carter from his Clayborn jersey to his lucky Kinnick shirt. I did this with five minutes left in the fourth quarter. I am not trying to say that Carter helped win the game but....

Jumpin' on the bed



Saturday night we decided to keep Carter up a little later to prepare him for daylight savings time - PARENTING FAIL!!! Carter got up at 5 o'clock AM!!! Maybe earlier I can't really remember. Thankfully, Matt stayed up with him while I "slept in" until 6:30. Since we were up so early we decided to go out for a family breakfast. We went to the new diner in Bettendorf - Jimm'ys Pancakes. It was so good and fast - definitely a plus when eating out with a toodler!! It is pretty small without a lot of seating so don't go with a big group (i.e. my family when we all go out :) ).

We got back from breakfast and Carter was being really crabby (surprise, surprise). I was trying to dust and I heard him whining by his crib. I let him be because we are trying to discourage him from playing in his crib  (you know, so he understands that it is for sleeping). Well, he was being awfully quiet, which made me kinda nervous, so I went in his room to check in on him. And this is what I saw....



Poor baby was so exhausted his just passed out on the floor!! I didn't have the heart to wake him or move him so there he slept for the next hour and a half. We met Addison, Katie and my mom at the park after Carter woke up, ate lunch and tried to get Carter down for a nap. Wasn't going to happen!! He was such a crab and so so tired but would.not.give.it.up!!! Long afternoon for mommy!! We went home after dinner and started our new bedtime routine with Carter. Bath, jammies, brush teeth, reading books in his room and putting him down for bed...it wasn't a home run but wasn't a disaster either. He was literally asleep in my arms and the second I put him down in his crib - he popped up and freaked out! I had to leave him in there crying until he fell asleep - I hate doing that!! Luckily, he lasted less than five minutes. Hopefully, it gets easier from here!




Four day workweek for me! My friend Megan in getting married this weekend!!! Can't wait!!

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." 
 - Wonder Years

No comments: