Unfortunately, City High lost but it was wonderful to see my Aunt and Uncle and cousins and watch Tim receive such an amazing honor. Carter and Addison did pretty well on the trip up to Cedar Falls and were well-behaved during the game. The first half Carter sat quietly on my lap taking it all in - he hasn't sat that still since...I can't really remember! :) After the half-time induction we went further up the bleachers so the kids could run around - and run around they did! Carter was a trip screaming "Go Hawks," clapping and signaling "Touchdown." It was so cute and they had so much fun! We left at the beginning of the fourth quarter and through for sure that the kids would be passed out before we even left the city. Not.so.much! Carter didn't give in to his exhaustion until we were in Cedar Rapids!
Getting Introduced
Touchdown!
Watching football with Papa
Tim with his plaque
Saturday morning we ventured downtown to watch the Fesitival of Trees parade! We have never been and it was really fun but really crowded. Luckily, my dad's office is right on the parade route so the kids got to play inside instead of standing out in the cold. :) Once the parade started I swear people came out of nowhere to squish in but the kids loved watching the parade and seeing the big balloons and of course Santa!!
After the parade, my mom and dad kindly took the kiddos while the "big kids" (Katie, Ryan, Cory, Jo, Matt and I) went to the Iowa game! Even with Carter's lucky shirt, Iowa lost! Yuck! Such a frustrating lost! Other than that and the crazy guy behind us telling every.one that went into the row that they weren't allowed to leave the row to go to the restroom (I know! A**hole) we had a pretty good time. There was an AMAZING fighter jet flyover at the end of the National anthem, the honoring of Iowa legend Dan Gable, a fight in the section next to us that ended with the removal of an Iowa fan and a Buckeye fan and Herky dancing to Lady Gaga with the Iowa Dancers at half time - best mascot ever!!! Oh! And I totally got into a verbal altercation with a guy standing behind me while we were waiting to leave...but that is a story for another day :).
The Flyover (not my photo)
Sunday, we went to the Festival of Trees to see Santa! We headed to the North Pole to see the big man who, by the way, was running late! Which normally wouldn't be that big of a deal except that we were standing in line with two toddlers! I "talked up" Santa to Carter the entire time we were standing in line. Carter was still a little nervous but I kept the faith telling Matt and no matter what happened to go ahead and put Carter on Santa's lap. Well....
So yeah I am pretty cruel and I think someone criticized me from the back of the line.Whatev - it is a fun memory :). After Santa we let the kids pick out a toy from Santa's workshop and decorate a cookie. Addison wanted to put her sprinkles on one at a time - it was too funny! Then we went to see a the pretty trees but Carter was too enthralled with the train to look at anything else. He even had a nice tantrum when we had to leave the train ::insert sarcasm:: Ah, toddlers! Both kids passed out on the way home and we had a nice relaxing rest of the day just hanging out and watching some football :).
I was extra excited because I took the entire Thanksgiving week off!! I can't wait to hang out with Carter Man and work out with my mom :). I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. I know that I have plenty to be thankful for!!
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey








No comments:
Post a Comment