Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend Wedding!

Over the weekend was my best friend from high school's wedding!! I was very honored to be a part of her special day and as an added bonus got to take off Friday from work to get "pampered" with the girls! It was relaxing spending the morning getting  my nails done and catching up with everyone. Rehearsal went well and dinner at Johnny's was SO GOOD!! After our tummys were full, wonderful toasts to the couple and some funny stories, we went home to pick up our little man and rest up for the busy Saturday ahead!

Saturday started off early with Carter now deciding that 6:45 am will be his new wake up time. However, that gave us time to cuddle and relax before I headed off to get my hair did :). Matt kept Carter mostly occupied while I got ready for the wedding, which was extremely helpful because it is Murphy's Law that second you are dressed up nicely your child will be all over you with his grimey fingers!

Side Story: Before I left for the church I frantically looked for Carter's lucky Kinnick shirt and yelled my way through the first half of the Iowa game. Carter was copying (mocking?) me and Matt said that if he did that the rest of the afternoon he was blaming me :). Now, you are probably all thinking that Carter's shirt wasn'ta ll that lucky because the Hawks lost but I found out later that Carter had gotten his undershirt wet and may not have been wearing his Kinnick shirt!! And! Because I am a freak, I immediately felt guilty and a little angry! I should have told Matt's partents that under no circumstances should that Kinnick shirt have come off prior to the end of the Iowa game. Clearly, the lack of Carter's Kinnick shirt is the reason we lost the game...not the fact the Stanzi threw an interception or that Iowa always does this to us. :) The good news is that as Hawkeye fans we love them through victory and defeat so we still have love for our Hawks!!

The wedding ceremony was wonderful and I loved the sermon that the pastor gave...basically, that the "only constant is change" so you need to change together as a couple {so true}. He, of course, spoke more eloquently and provided much more insight than I just did above :). Megan was a very calm bride, which surprised me a little since she is admittedly very Type A :). But I was happy that she decided to just "go with the flow" and enjoy the day. Her dress was beautiful and very "Megan" and she couldn't have looked more perfect - the happiness just beamed off of her!


The reception was just as wonderful...good friends, good food. Megan tore it up on the dance floor and fun was had by all! Congratulations Megan and Ryan!!! We wish you the best and couldn't be happier for you both!!


“Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day.”

- Barbara De Angelis

No comments: