Monday, May 2, 2011

Carter Update!

It's time again for Carter's monthly update! I can't believe that it is already May but after a very cold April I am certainly ready for some spring! While he wasn't dreaming of being outside, here is what Carter has been up to:

  • He is talking so much! Now he is usually 2-5 word phrases.
  • He loves to sing and dance! His new favorite song to sing is S-M-I-L-E and he loves to dance to 5 Little Skunks with Addison
  • He never stops moving and loves to "take a walk"
  • He has a crazy memory. The other day we were taking the back way out of Hy-Vee so you could see US Bank from the parking lot. He looked over and said, "doctor." Dr. Omar moved into the building next to US Bank at the beginning of April and Carter has only been there once!
  • He is very observant. Just this morning he wanted to look out our bedroom window and said, "I see it." I asked him what he saw and he replied, "octagon." He was looking at the STOP sign on the end of our street :)
  • He will repeat anything and everything! Matt and I have been on a SMARTIES candy binge and we jokingly called it crack to one another. I gave Carter a piece the other day and Matt asked Carter what he was eating and Carter replied, "crack." Parenting Fail!
  • He still calls his daddy "Matt" but at home he calls him daddy and asks where his daddy is every morning. (Matt usually leaves for work before Carter gets up).
  • He started calling his pig "Mr. Pig," which is what I have always called him
  • He dumps everything out! Usually toys but yesterday he dumped pretzels all over my mom's house - oh and he has dumped out an entire box of Cheerios too
  • Cinderella is his favorite Disney princess and doesn't care for any of the others.
  • He still likes to cuddle mom when he is mad or sad - love this!
  • He is very observant...he notices everything! He is the first one to point out an airplane in the sky and to stop and say he as heard an owl....or a wee-ooo (firetruck/ambulance/police car)
  • He LOVES milk but hates ice cream!
There is definitely not dull moment with our little man!



"Children are the bridge to heaven" ~ Persian Proverb

No comments: