Saturday started out kinda crummy! It was overcast and drizzling when I took Carter to 'play with the kids' in the morning while I went to bootcamp. After a good workout, we ate lunch at my folks and put Carter and Addison down for a nap. Matt
Cute story: Carter also dumped milk all over Mr. Pig during this incident. Since it was late I let Carter keep him but the next morning I mentioned that Mr. Pig needed a bath. All of the sudden, Carter was no where to be seen and calling for Matt. I asked Matt where Carter was as I was walking back to the bedroom when he popped his head out of the bathroom and said, "Mr. Pig take a bath. Need water." And when I looked in the tub - there sat Mr. Pig. So Cute!! Carter was able to give Mr. Pig a bath i.e. put him in the washing machine. And when he was done drying, Carter said he was "all warm." Unfortunately, Mr. Pig stayed clean for only a few hours because later in the day Carter drug him through blue chalk! Needless to say, Mr. Pig got another bath later that night.
Sunday was the day of rest! It rained.all.day.long. So we were happy to stay inside and watch movies and relax. Monday, however, was a completely different story. The sun came out and it was finally warm enough to go to the pool!! First swimming day of the year at DCC!! We took the kids first thing Monday morning and the baby pool was FREEZING because of the cool temperatures the days before. But in typical kid-fashion, Carter and Addison didn't care and jumped right in! It was the first swimming day of the summer and we are uber excited to have many more!
After writing this, I realized I never wished Matt a happy birthday on this blog! Whoops! Happy Birthday Sweetie!! Don't feel too sorry for him because I surprised him with new Oakleys for his birthday present :).
"The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men."
~ Minot J. Savage

No comments:
Post a Comment