Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Safety First!

Now that it is getting warmer, Carter wants to be outside all.the.time. He loves to go for walks but I always get nervous because he always runs ahead of me and doesn't always listen when I tell him to stop. So we have been working on that and holding hands when we cross the street (by street I am talking neighborhood streets not busy streets).

I have made it a point to acknowledge the street and the fact that we have to hold hands until we cross. I had only been doing this a couple days when we (Matt, Carter, Hayden and I) were on a walk. Carter was ahead of me, as usual when we were approaching the corner. Then Carter slowed down, waited for me and held out his hand and said, "hold hands."  He got it!!! It was so cute and we held hands, looked both ways and crossed the street together. I was so proud of my little man!




"Safety doesn't happen by accident." ~Author Unknown




No comments: