I was a little nervous about watching both the kids of Friday...but it turned out great!! For the most part, I feel like I hardly watched them :). Hayden had her annual checkup at the vet in the morning so I didn't see Miss Addison Marie until around 10:15. The three of us had a fabulous tea party while Addison sang 'Happy Birthday' to herself several times :). We left around 11 to pick up Subway and meet Aunt Katie/Mommy Katie for lunch at Vanderveer Park! The kids were really excited to have a picnic!
After lunch, the kids went home and took naps. I even put Addison down without her paci! For those who know Addison's love for her paci you KNOW this is a big deal. Addison woke up around 3 and Katie was home by 3:15. So the four of us hung out until Katie and Addison went to Hy-Vee to eat with Daddy Ryan. I got home and took Carter Man and Hayden for a walk while Daddy worked in the yard. After that, we cleaned up and went out to dinner....Thunder Bay - yum!
Saturday morning I went to Bootcamp and Carter went to play with the kids aka Child Watch at the Y. Matt worked some more in the yard and made it look really nice. We ran errands the rest of the morning and Matt painted our front door while I cleaned the inside of the house as Carter napped. I LOVE the new color!! It's the perfect shade of red we were looking for. Not bright candy apple red but not a burgundy - just a nice muted red. Everything just looks wonderful.
We went out to dinner with the Meyers and then were invited over to our friend's house for a fire. Carter got to play with Gavin and it was so cute!! They played so well together and it was interesting watching Carter be the leader instead of just following Addison around. We stayed out late but had a great time!! Thanks Graham family!
Sunday we slept in and just relaxed. I love three-day weekends and I get to have another one next week!!
"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends we choose."
- Tennessee Williams




No comments:
Post a Comment