Let me first say that Matt is an amazing father and husband. He always jokes that I say he 'helps' around the house. The truth is....he does more than his fair share i.e. almost everything :). He is such a wonderful support system and I definitely couldn't get through a day without him. Doing all these things for me and our family are all the gifts I need but then Matt went and did something that completely blew me away.
Carter gave me my gift while I was getting ready for brunch. I opened it (knowing it was my purse) and oo'd and aww'd over it because, seriously, it is adorable. I set it aside and continued to get ready. Before leaving for the Club I was switching my stuff to my new purse. But when I looked inside I saw two small, white boxes. What?! I was so surprised and confused :). I opened up the first box and it is a BEAUTIFUL blue topaz ring and I was immediately in love with it. Then I opened the second box and it was a matching blue topaz necklace!!! Unbelievable! I was almost in tears - it was the sweetest thing and caught me completely off guard. He is the best!!
Then it was off to the Club to show off my new bling and have brunch. It was delicious as usual and we left full and satisfied. The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed and spent a lot of time outside. Carter LOVES to be outside and we finally had a perfect weekend. Sunny and warm and just perfect. We finished the evening with dinner and Matt's parents' house and cupcakes with my folks.
I certainly had a great Mother's day and hope everyone else did as well!!
"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." - Lin Yutang
No comments:
Post a Comment