How can this be?! Three years old! It's hard to imagine what our lives were like without you but at the same time I cannot get over how fast you went from our brand new teeny baby to this big boy we see everyday. And what a big boy you are! A lot has happened this past year....
You are now potty-trained except for overnight and you don't even tell us you have to go anymore. You just go in the restroom, do you business and wash your hands by YOURSELF (because evidently big boys do not need help).You still need assistance putting you pants back on and we continue to work on that before pre-school. Your wiping also needs to be checked but generally you do a good job :).
You are so loud and busy! We always know when you are tired or sick because you stop talking and running around. It is funny because just when I think I need some peace and quiet when you stop talking our house seems way too quiet and I miss your voice. You continue to excel at expressing yourself and we hear 'I'm angry' a lot and we have had some tantrums but 2 wasn't all that terrible. Actually it was really fun! You learned so many new things and while I know we had our moments I will always look back at 2 as a good year :).
You are very much a boy! I won't say all boy because you still hold a place in your heart for Cinderella, wearing Addison's high heels and Mama cuddles :) but other than that you are adore Cars (still!), construction equipment, boats, balls, and anything that makes noise. You have started to 'bonk' and 'hi ya' things and I continue to tell you to have gentle hands. You just get so excited by things you have a hard time stopping yourself :).
You have started being really outgoing! We were at the park the other day and you were happy to meet the other children and play with them. You even introduced yourself and asked another little boy what his name was :). And when we had to leave the park you said, "I miss my friend."
You are becoming so very brave! This is a little different for you....while you have always been somewhat of a wildchild you also could be reserved and didn't like to venture to far out of your comfort zone. But I have noticed recently that you are becoming more confident in yourself and trying new things! You have been climbing more at the park and can climb the rock wall at the 'Red Park' all by yourself. Also, we went swimming and now you are putting your face underwater! And jumping off the side of the pool by yourself, which you have done before but you would only jump from one spot (sound familiar Uncle Mark?1).
I hope you continue to be friendly, sweet and brave. Throughout the past year, you would say 'I can't' a lot and I would always remind you that you can! You can do whatever you put your mind to Carter! I know that sounds awful cliche but it's so true. I want you to dream big because you have so much to offer the world and I know you are capable of anything.
We have some big changes ahead as we prepare for adding someone new to our family but always remember that I love you - no matter what! You gave me the most important job I have - being your mom and I couldn't have gotten luckier with my first born. I know you are going to be an amazing big brother just the other night you curled up next to me and said, 'I love you mom...and baby' while putting your head on my stomach ~ melted my heart.
So Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!! Daddy and I love you more than words could possibly say. You are such a joy and while it is bittersweet we have enjoyed watching you grow these past three years and look forward to many, many more!!
Brand New
1 year
2 years
"I'm sad I'm not two anymore....but three is fun!" ~ Carter Hatz





No comments:
Post a Comment