Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Updates, updates, updates!

For those of you that missed it...Carter turned 3 years old yesterday!! :) We had a great day but I feel like I hardly saw him. Part of it was my choice because I decided to go work out with my mom Monday morning...it is so hard to say no to Heather's class! Carter stayed at my parent's house with Addison and my grandma (great grandma to Carter and Addison) brought over birthday doughnuts! Carter loved being serenaded with Happy Birthday in the morning.

We took pictures at noon and then took Carter to Hungry Hobo for a special birthday lunch with just mommy and daddy! We played a little at my mom's house before nap but once Carter was asleep Matt and I headed to go 'look' at cars. Matt had been test-driving cars all morning and was like a kid on Christmas morning wanting to show me the car he loved. My car has been having some issues since the beginning of winter so we had been casually looking for awhile but hadn't decided what we really wanted or needed...so yeah, we went to the dealership in this....



And came home in this!!

Swagger Wagon

A van! (I know!) And Matt and I were totally 'those' people who said they would never, ever, ever get a van because a van = totally uncool. But you guys, did you know that vans have doors that open.by.themselves! It is completely amazing especially for a mama who always has her hand full. Carter is also big enough to crawl in the car and his carseat by himself, which has been nice on my very pregnant body. It is funny the difference between what a woman wants in a car van and what a man does. Matt asked me what options I would like and all I really cared about were those doors :). Matt however was very particular on what wheels the van had - some things never change!

Anyway, before I knew it we were signing the papers and driving home in our new ride. Why does that always seems to happen? You go to casually look at cars and then end up leaving with a new one...I even told Matt while we were waiting for the Finance Manager, "I knew this was going to happen." And a couple salesmen chuckled and said they had heard that before :). We have only had the van for a day and I love it. Watch out world! I am a mom in a mini-van!

Sorry! I got off on a little tangent. After we made our big purchase we went back to my mom's house where Carter was up from his nap and playing at the park. When he got home we gave him his birthday present from us....a new bike!

John Deere of course!

The bike is so cute but I was a little bummed because it is too big for him right now. But I know this summer he will definitely grow into it. Carter definitely enjoyed just sitting on it though :)
After playing outside for a bit, it was time for dinner with the fam.





My mom ordered Biagi's to go and we had a wonderful meal and for desert - DQ ice cream cake for the birthday boy! Again, we sang Happy Birthday and Carter was thrilled. He did wake up this morning and say, "I not two anymore?" and sounded a little disappointed :). Which is probably because we keep telling him three year olds have to listen and follow directions - ha!

Other than that I have just you know been a growing a human :). I had a doctor's appointment today and will have my Group B Step test in a couple a of weeks. And then. I will be having weekly doctor's appointments. O.M.G! I am getting really anxious for new baby's arrival and worry that we won't be prepared when the time comes. Because...we are not prepared. I need to finish packing my hospital bag, finish Carter's overnight bag, finish packing the diaper bag, charge all camera/video camera devices. Hopefully after this crazy weekend (Carter's bday party and Easter) I can focus on getting things done.

I am also getting anxious about labor. As in, I will have to go into labor again. I worried that my water will break at work and/or I won't get to the hospital on time and will end up delivering the baby in our new van, which I think would decrease the value. My Aunt always said she was more nervous for her second delivery because she knew what to expect and I totally get that. Ignorance was bliss the first time around :). That's it for us - stayed tuned for Carter's party and Easter posts!

"Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity."
~Kay Redfield Jamison





No comments: