Saturday was the start of the crazyness. In the morning, Matt, Mom, Grete, Carter and I went to Sam's to pick up Carter's birthday cupcakes and some last minute items for the birthday party. Then it was off to DCC for lunch and an Easter egg hunt! Addison and Carter scoped out the eggs while waiting for lunch and even though we almost missed the hunt both were able to get a quite a few eggs! Actually once we finally got to the driving range Carter only found one but then Carter and Daddy remembered there were eggs hidden in a flower bed closer to the clubhouse. With no one else around, Carter scored all the eggs :). The actual egg hunt lasts all of 5 seconds so it was nice that DCC brought in a petting zoo again this year. Carter was able to see a rooster, baby chicks, a little horse, goats and his all time favorite two piglets!! That boy and his pigs.
After the hunt, the plan was to go home and nap (for Carter) so that we could prep my mom's house for his party. Well, Carter was so wound up there was no way he was going down to sleep. He kept singing, "it's my birthday! Yeah! Yeah." I don't think I have ever seen him so excited before. Oh and new baby decided to create a little drama for the day as I was having contractions (braxton hicks? real?) - I don't know because I didn't really have pre-term labor symptoms with Carter. So I had to lie down while the family pitched in and helped me prep for Carter's party. Thanks everyone!
Before we knew it, it was party time! Carter had a great time playing with Gavin and Addison was so excited to have another girl to play with. Mia is Gavin's older sister and she was just too sweet with Addison who was pretty much her little shadow :). Gus also had a little buddy there...our friend's son Jaxson is only a couple of months younger than Gus and it was too cute to watch them interact and 'talk' to each other. The house was full of people and we all had a great time eating, hanging out and watching the kids play. Thanks all!!
I thought with all the sugar Carter consumed at the party he may be a beast to settle down but by the time we got home and Carter sat down with some milk he was completely zonked within 5 minutes. Matt and I were too as we found ourselves in bed by 9:15! It was a good thing that I got to bed early because at 6:45 I sprung up (as fast as a big preggo lady can spring) in panic because
After church, it was off to DCC for Easter brunch with our family plus Matt's folks and Cory's folks. The kids were less than ideal at brunch but after sitting for over an hour at church and then having to sit nicely to eat we should have expected it. The food was amazing and once our tummies were full we got some Easter pics and then headed to my folk's house.
Mark and Grete hit the road around 1 pm and the rest of collapsed from exhaustion :). Matt, Carter and I went home because after his attitude at the Club we knew that he needed a nap.
Thankfully I took Monday off from work because I knew that I would need a day to recover (and I did!). I worked out with my mom in the morning, went to the park with my parents and the kids, had lunch, built a fort and a boat, and played Cars with Carter and Addison before nap time. Carter napped at home and we went to the park after he woke up. By the time we got home from the park, Daddy was home and had brought home a Gator from work. Carter was thrilled when Matt took him for a ride :). Thanks Daddy!
So that was our crazy weekend! It was really fun but now we are ready to calm things down as we are getting into new baby prep mode :). 5 weeks (of less) left - Holy Cow!
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him." ~ John 3:16-17
No comments:
Post a Comment