Saturday, April 2, 2011

2 Years Old!

Holy Cow!! I have a two year old! This completely blows my mind - how does this happen so fast?!


  • He refers to himself as Carter Thomas
  • He will randomly say, "I'm Happy" and then state, "Mommy happy. Daddy/Matt happy." And you know what? We are happy!
  • He is obsessed with Cars movie and knows all of the main characters! He also knows what SnotRod, Chick and DJ say ("Ah Choo," "Ka-chicka," "Nodder (as in 'we have a nodder')."
  • He is very polite! He will say his 'pleases, thank yous and sorrys' when prompted but also will say them on his own in appropriate circumstances! For instance the other day I had our trash can in the hallway so I could wash the kitchen floors. And Carter dumped it over! I was not happy and scolded him. He looked down and sincerely said, "sorry mommy." I was no longer mad at him but a little mad at myself for being so hard on him
  • Randomly counts and sings his ABCs. He can count to ten and then makes up some numbers until twenty :)
  • Points out colors and shapes. He knows all of his colors and circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, star and diamond shapes.
  • He remembers the most random things! The other day my mom picked up a pinecone and said, "I wonder if he remembers what this is - we haven't talked about it since last fall." She asked Carter and he said "pinecone!"
  • He is starting to say more phrases and will repeat EVERYTHING! Just this morning he was watching out the window and I heard him say, "Go away blackbirds. Go away." I  had to text my mom because that is exactly what she says everytime a blackbird gets near her bird feeder!
  • His new catch-phrase and response to everything, "OH YEAH!"
  • He had his first week away from mommy and daddy and did great!! Big thanks to my and Matt's parents.
We made it two years Carter Man!! I love watching you grow and learn - I just wish you would slow down! :) We love you to pieces!!

Brand New

One year

Two years

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
- Robert Munsch

No comments: