Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!! We sure had a weekend full of fun :). It really began on Thursday night when almost everyone is my family asked if I, in fact, had to work on Good Friday....the answer is yes. Anyway, so we dyed Easter eggs Friday night. This is the first time we have dyed Easter eggs with the kids. We had always meant to the past couple of years but for whatever reason we never got around to it. Carter and Addison LOVED it! Carter liked drawing on his egg and using the spoon to retrieve it from the dye. Addison, however, preferred to use her hands :).





After dyeing eggs, it was cookie decorating time! Carter loved using the sprinkles while Addison loved the squeezeable frosting. After all the fun the kids were kind of a mess so we decided to bathe them together.




Saturday we had lunch with the Easter bunny and had an Easter egg hunt at DCC. There were over 240 kids there and 1,100 eggs. Carter found two. To be fair, the eggs were hidden by the driving range and Carter flew down the hill thinking all the golf balls were eggs :). By the time we made it back up the hill there were no more eggs to be found. They also had a petting zoo. Both Carter and Addison loved looking at the baby pigs who had to be wrapped up in blankets because they were so cold!




Saturday night we had dinner with friends and it was wonderful! I loved being able to go out to eat and talk without having to entertain Carter and ...The only bad thing of the evening was that dinner took nearly 3 hours! And while I was having a great time, my poor mother, who volunteered to babysit Carter, was up trying to control my wild child who.would.not.go.to.sleep. We picked the man up around 10 pm and sent him straight to bed.

Needless to say, Carter woke up late (7:45 am) after his late night. Normally, I would be thrilled by this but not Easter morning when our church service starts at 8:30! Yikes! We got him up and he found his Easter basket, opened all of his eggs (that were filled with candy and money), got him dressed and ran out the door. And then it happened. While I was carrying Carter down the stairs my heel got stuck on the top stair and the rest of my body continued down. I completely fell in what seemed like slow motion, worried about Carter and unable to brace myself. So I ended up burning my ankles and shins with the fall. I survived and was generally just embarassed about the whole thing. Evidently I made quite the impression on Addison when reliving the story later. I was explaining it to the rest of my family and don't even remember her listening but yesterday (Monday) while my mom's friend, Pam, was over, she proceeded to tell Pam the whole story about how I fell down the stairs, hurt my legs and it was scary. And she continued to tell that story five more times - silly girl!

After church, we had brunch at the Club and went to my folks' house to open Easter baskets!


After nap time, we had an impromptu Easter egg hunt at my parent's house. Addison wanted to have some fruit snacks so we decided to hide 16 eggs fill with one fruit snack each. It was nice for them hunt for eggs without all the other kids - I think they finally got it!


We a such a wonderful Easter!!

"Why are you looking for the living among the dead?" asked the men. "He is not here, but He has been resurrected!"
~Luke 24:5-6

No comments: