Trial #2 over =[
Posted Oct 4, 2008 10:54am
Unfortunately, they had to put her nasal canula back in her nose at 10:00 last night. I guess she still needs that little extra help or reminder to breathe. We will try again in a week or so. It is hard not to look at it as a set back but I need to remember that she is still young and if she had it her way she would still be in the womb. That isn't they way it is so she has had to take this time to learn her new skills in a more difficult and distracting environment. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
Davenport here comes Addison!!
Posted Oct 9, 2008 6:10pm
Addison is being transferred to Genesis in Davenport tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. I am going home tonight with Ryan so we can get some things done at home. I will drive back up tomorrow morning eary so I can be here when they load her into the ambulance. It is going to be so nice to have her close to home with family and friends to help support the new mom and dad. Thank you Kerry and Rob for being my support group up here in Iowa City when I needed to get away from the hospital. It meant alot to me to have you here to lean on! Thank you everyone for praying for our little one. We are in the final stretches of hospital stay. They estimate that she will be at Genesis another week to ten days. Pray for safe travels for all of us and for her to get better at eating. She is working so hard at getting it. She is coming along. She is our little work in progress. =]
"A daughter is a gift of love." ~Author Unknown

No comments:
Post a Comment