Yet another year has past and I still can't get over how fast the time has gone bye. My guess is that moms never stop saying that :). Although you will always be my baby, you have sure grown up to be quite the little boy this past year.
You started off a chubby, frankenstein-walking toddler to a skinny, running, jumping, marching, talking, singing, dancing little boy. I didn't think you can change as much the second year as you did the first but you have proved me wrong. I look at pictures of you from a year ago and think, "where did my baby go?" but i also am so very impressed with how far you have come.
See?!
You make me laugh everyday and just being in your presence makes me a happier person. You have given me one of the most important roles I will ever have in life - you have made me a mom and I never imagined I would love it this much. We have had frustrating moments but for the most part I wonder how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful son. You are very polite and almost always say your "pleases and thank yous" without being asked. You are still not a cuddler but love to put your head on my shoulder when you are sleepy. I live for these moments. :)
You are a 'typical boy' - you like splashing in puddles, cars, balls, trucks, and tractors. But you are also very sweet and love to play tea party and dress up,
you know the Disney princesses and love your Barbie. Addison is your best friend and worst enemy depending on the day. Even though you fight, you love each other dearly. You always ask for her when she is not around. My hope is that you grow up your friendship will only get stronger. And by the time you are both teenagers (gah! I can't even fathom this) I hope that you will look out for each other. You love fiercely - you hug all of your loveys so tight I am surprised they have stuffing left in them. When you are really excited or happy you clench your teeth as if any second you will just pop :). You love to giggle and have a good time. At home you are loud and crazy but you can by shy and quiet in front of strangers. You do have a temper but for the most part you have such a wonderful/happy disposition. And as I mentioned last year, I hope you continue to be this happy as you move through life. And keep in mind that the only thing you have control over is your attitude :).
I could go on and on about how much I love you but these are just words and I hope that you know this by how I treat you everyday. I continue to ask for patience as your opinoins seem to grow but I think we generally have a good balance :). My love for you grows everyday and I will never stop wanting to hug and kiss you to pieces. Happy 2 years baby boy!
"Son, you will outgrow my lap, but never my heart." ~Author Unknown



No comments:
Post a Comment